View the fee schedule and descriptions currently listed on the Building Inspections website page. Briefly, new construction and additions are based on a flat fee per square foot, while alterations are based on the estimated cost of the work.
For alterations permits only. When providing the estimated value/cost you may deduct the cost of the following items from the alterations total (Some residential buildings may be eligible for additional exclusions for roofing, siding, or device/equipment replacement. Inquiries are suggested):
- Application of paint or wallpaper
- Installation of repair cabinetry or trim
- Installation or replacement of Floor Finishes
- Replacement of many ceiling and wall finishes in non-fire rated locations
- Replacement of Plumbing Fixtures