As we crawl out of winter and shake off the doldrums, many residents are out walking.
Sometimes, they are on the edge or near the edge of our roadways.
Drivers have their responsibilities, but this post is to help educate the pedestrian on what they should do when walking.
• plan a route with safe crossing
• avoid distractions, alcohol and drugs, and be alert
• dress to be seen, but never assume drivers see them
• wear reflective clothing, and carry a blinking light or flashlight at night
• walk on sidewalks facing traffic
• if there’s no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible
• watch for cars backing up, especially in parking lots and driveways.
Let's be careful out there and arrive home safe to our families.